Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 08/20/17 11:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wireless Backup Camera
PostPosted: 03/13/17 22:05 

I am looking to install, or have installed, a wireless backup camera system to my Big Horn fifth wheel trailer. Does anyone have any experience they would like to share concerning purchasing or installing such a system? I have checked out a number of options from Tadibrothers.com. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Post subject: Re: Wireless Backup Camera
PostPosted: 03/15/17 08:49 
Forum Aficionado-1000
Forum Aficionado-1000

I don't know about the newer back up cams, have one in our truck but not the fiver. The last time I checked a couple of years ago there were none available that were wireless that did a good job, most everyone recommended wired systems as the distance was a bit more than most of them could handle with wireless mode. May be much better by now.
Happy RVing.
:mrgreen: 8-)

Post subject: Re: Wireless Backup Camera
PostPosted: 03/21/17 07:28 
Forum Bronze-20
Forum Bronze-20

I tried a wireless one on our MH. It was sketchy at best. The previous hard wired one died and the wire, of course, would not work on any new system.

The picture would come and go and it seemed like when a vehicle passed us (that probably had a wireless camera) we lost our picture. It was a Tadi Brother system. I was able to return it and get the wired model. So I rolled around under the MH like a turtle stuck on its back, ran the wire where the old one was and have been problem free. Some people get the wireless model and don't have issues. Tadi Brothers had decent tech support.

You don't realize how much you use and depend on a rear camera until it dies...