Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 02/22/18 08:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions from a newbie
PostPosted: 01/07/18 04:49 

I am converting my van into a camper. In June I am driving to Alaska with my brother as a dress rehearsal for my full time solo adventure. I am completely new at this lifestyle so any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Is ok to park in a Walmart parking lot on occasion. How much is the average cost to stay in a campground? I would like to find a temp job for extra money. I spent 26 years at Lockheed Martin, 14 years at Home Depot, and currently working for the mouse at Disney World. How much of an emergency fund should one have while on the road? Finally, how much will it cost per month, on average, to maintain this lifestyle? Lots of questions, but lots of knowledge to draw from. Thanks to all of you willing to help newbies such as my self.

Post subject: Re: Questions from a newbie
PostPosted: 01/09/18 11:04 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

:mrgreen: I believe you can find all the answers you need by clicking on the above SEARCH BOX, typing in your topics! It varies on the costs of camping. You can join for a fee RV Discount sites saving you money. Walmarts and the like can be found on AllStays.com, always call ahead as some local laws prohibit overnight parking. You can also receive discounts on seasonal or monthly rates at some campgrounds! There is a website called VanDwellers just Google it! I haven't been on it in awhile.

Happy Trails!