Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 09/26/17 17:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6-week jobs or online businesses
PostPosted: 05/23/17 18:47 

Hello, Everyone!
I have read most if not all helpful tips and recommendations for going on the road. My husband and I want to do a bit of RVing in the near future. He is retired and I am still working full-time. We reside in Florida and own our home -no mortgage. I plan on transitioning from the legal profession into eldercare. Eldercare gives the flexibility to take off for a few weeks and resume upon returning home. Our concern is healthcare coverage for me since I am 54 y/o. and working in eldercare does not offer health insurance and the pay varies depending on which agency you work for.
We hope to go on the road for a period of 6 weeks at a time. Are there any jobs or online businesses we could consider to supplement our income while on the road? Our savings would perhaps sustain us but we want to keep an amount for emergencies.
I am researching the Workercamp site. Any helpful tips will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: 6-week jobs or online businesses
PostPosted: 06/03/17 20:09 
Forum Silver-60
Forum Silver-60

since you live in FL and will still have a home there that will be your best option for health insurance because it is based on where you are a resident. Ideally you will want a policy that will provide some type of coverage outside of FL. You will have to check to see what you can get on your exchange in FL. Best of Luck. Since you are talking about being on the road for about 6 weeks at a time you may want to consider temp agencies where you will be located. Most paying positions require a longer time period.

Best of Luck