Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 06/23/18 02:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Resealing Rv Roof...
PostPosted: 04/16/18 18:49 

My name is Joe and I am renovating a 1991 Pace Arrow. The previous owners abused the roof and it has caused water infiltration problems. I decided to begin by sealing the roof seams and I wanted something a little more reliable than calking.

I used Eternabond tape to seal all horizontal seams. The stuff is guaranteed for 35 years and will adhere to EVERYTHING it touches. I recommend using the Eternabond cleaner in preparation and I used the Eternabond primer to enhance adhesion, it probably isn't really needed! this stuff sticks to everything, but why not do the job right. I resealed all edges of the EPDM roof, around vents, and the shower skylight. The 6" wide tape is somewhat harder to work with, but well worth the trouble.

After the Eternabond I caulked all tape meetings and seams with clear Dynaflex 230 and am now waiting for the calk to cure.

In two weeks I will pain the roof with 3 coats of Henry Environ-White.

Hopefully this will solve the roof issues for years...

I will add some pictures to their post later.