Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 07/15/18 17:14

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warning, Riverest Sunshine village in Florida
PostPosted: 02/16/18 19:06 

I See Riverest in Tavares and Sunshine Village is begging for help for workampers.
I worked for them and I’ll tell you their ad isn’t true and they will tell you anything to get you there but after your there it’s a new story.
You will not get any propane unless you drive away to Ace to get a refill! If they think the price for propane is too high they will not pay full amount that you have to pay out of pocket to get it.
The WiFi in the club house is a hit and miss. Good luck.
You will be told your using too much ele no matter how much you use or don’t use.
I never got my full amount of 20 dollars for the laundry allowance. I would hear we don’t have enough quarters.
There is a rule of no talking to the residence and if anyone speaks to you tell them you can’t speak and to direct anything to management
You will be told to do work on these old mobile homes without an permit so be careful. The residence are very nice and they can and will tell you what I am saying now is very true.

I fell for the Arndell was told they had lots of work and anything ver 25 hours a week will be paid at 10 an hour. Then after I took the job they told me I had to “Bank the hours”.bottom line they owe me over 500 dollars and the won’t pay!
I’m not writing this to cause trouble but just to warn the next person of what goes on here.

Post subject: Re: Warning, Riverest Sunshine village in Florida
PostPosted: 07/01/18 14:23 

Thanks for the feedback.

PostPosted: 07/02/18 07:58 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

Another reason why I only volunteer. Fortunately I don't need the extra cash and just won't put up with any games. I'm much too old for that.

The COE has been very nice to me and others and this is my 4th time to volunteer here.

PostPosted: 07/03/18 09:56 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

Shawnin99 wrote:
I See Riverest in Tavares and Sunshine Village is begging for help for workampers.
I worked for them and I’ll tell you their ad isn’t true and they will tell you anything to get you there but after your there it’s a new story.
You will not get any propane unless you drive away to Ace to get a refill! If they think the price for propane is too high they will not pay full amount that you have to pay out of pocket to get it.
The WiFi in the club house is a hit and miss. Good luck.
You will be told your using too much ele no matter how much you use or don’t use.
I never got my full amount of 20 dollars for the laundry allowance. I would hear we don’t have enough quarters.
There is a rule of no talking to the residence and if anyone speaks to you tell them you can’t speak and to direct anything to management
You will be told to do work on these old mobile homes without an permit so be careful. The residence are very nice and they can and will tell you what I am saying now is very true.

I fell for the Arndell was told they had lots of work and anything ver 25 hours a week will be paid at 10 an hour. Then after I took the job they told me I had to “Bank the hours”.bottom line they owe me over 500 dollars and the won’t pay!
I’m not writing this to cause trouble but just to warn the next person of what goes on here.

YOU May want to to put his on RvReviews.com!