Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 07/21/18 19:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Couple to Workamping
PostPosted: 12/12/17 16:24 

Hey Everyone.

My husband and I are going to start workamping in 2-3 years and dont worry, we have been researching our tails off. I make about 75000-100,000 a yea, depending on the year, as a contractor and feel by then we will save enough to start. We are 24 years old at this moment in time and were just wondering if anyone had advice from experience on things like taxes, insurance, side ways to make money other than official jobs, and anything else you can think of down to if there is a book about the topic or DVD somewhere that you would reccomend.

I also want to say that we are set on workamping. Dont try to tell us to wait. My husband has been told he has a high chance of his eyesite going as he gets older and I have some potential health issues that could crop up in the future as well that we dont want to wait and then be unable to go. We want the chance to experience it while we are young and healthy. Not to mention we are just never comfortable in the same place for long. Everywhere we move, we get the itch to move again within a year. We have lived in multiple states as well as Germany.

I dont need much advice on jobs as I pretty much got that researched out unless you think you have very helpful advice. As I said any advice, even little things, would be helpful. anything from what to look for when puchasing an rv to if you know a small trick to stocking your RV. Also just in general want to say hi to you all and hope I get to meet some of you amazing people on the road in the future. :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: New Couple to Workamping
PostPosted: 12/14/17 14:32 
Forum Silver-60
Forum Silver-60

we have used South Dakota for past 4 years for our address, taxes, registration, and everything else. There are a number of good mail forwarding services out of SD that can assist you with everything you need to become a resident and get started. Health insurance is a little tricky in SD as it is in FL and TX.
Best of luck in your journey.