Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 12/18/18 11:45

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Change to Federal Government Reservation System
PostPosted: 09/21/18 09:42 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

There has been talk for some time of a change for the government reservation system to another system. I am working at a COE campground right now and am involved in the transition training.

Here is what we know as of this date:

You will no longer be able to make reservations at any federal government facility via reserveamerica.com. This change is to be made on 9-30-18.

The link for reservations after the transition will be recreation.gov and the phone number will be the same as it has been 877-444-6777.

When the reserveamerica system is removed on 9-30 the recreation.gov link and the phone number will be unavailable until approximately 10-5. This period will allow moving all historical customer data to the new system. You will not be able to make a reservation at any facility during this period. If you arrive at your favorite facility during this transition period you should be able to check in, but only as a walk in and only for 1 day at a time. No advance reservations will be possible. If you want to stay more than one day you will have to check in each day as a new walk in, but no one will be able to reserve your site from online or phone since these are not options during this period.

This is what we know as of right now so if you know you want to stay at a government facility during this transition period you should make your reservations before 9-30 which will be honored during the 10-1 through 10-5 period.

Post subject: Re: Change to Federal Government Reservation System
PostPosted: 09/24/18 09:33 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

EdAtlanta wrote:
There has been talk for some time of a change for the government reservation system to another system. I am working at a COE campground right now and am involved in the transition training.

Here is what we know as of this date:

You will no longer be able to make reservations at any federal government facility via reserveamerica.com. This change is to be made on 9-30-18.

The link for reservations after the transition will be recreation.gov and the phone number will be the same as it has been 877-444-6777.

When the reserveamerica system is removed on 9-30 the recreation.gov link and the phone number will be unavailable until approximately 10-5. This period will allow moving all historical customer data to the new system. You will not be able to make a reservation at any facility during this period. If you arrive at your favorite facility during this transition period you should be able to check in, but only as a walk in and only for 1 day at a time. No advance reservations will be possible. If you want to stay more than one day you will have to check in each day as a new walk in, but no one will be able to reserve your site from online or phone since these are not options during this period.

This is what we know as of right now so if you know you want to stay at a government facility during this transition period you should make your reservations before 9-30 which will be honored during the 10-1 through 10-5 period.

Thanks For the Information!

PostPosted: 09/25/18 06:29 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

My pleasure. So far so good, but we don't have our new computer yet, but the new satellite dish/equipment is installed already. One step closer and I hope it works nice. I have never been through a painless computer system change/upgrade in my life, but there is always the first right?

I guess no one here uses Reserve America for federal campsites.

PostPosted: 09/25/18 09:20 
Forum Platinum-500
Forum Platinum-500

EdAtlanta wrote:
My pleasure. So far so good, but we don't have our new computer yet, but the new satellite dish/equipment is installed already. One step closer and I hope it works nice. I have never been through a painless computer system change/upgrade in my life, but there is always the first right?

I guess no one here uses Reserve America for federal campsites.

:o I believe most members have went to Facebook: "Workamper Intros"! Many people always want to be Faster! :mrgreen: