Workamper News Forums
FAQ  - Register  - Login 
[ Welcome Guest ] It is currently 11/13/18 01:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turner Inn in NM is a great Workcamping Opportunity
PostPosted: 04/03/18 16:33 

Hi Workampers! I just spent part of this winter at Turner Inn and RV in Mountainair NM. I could not have landed in a better place! If you like cute little towns, warm weather (relative to the frozen NE), really friendly people, and no stress, consider being a workamper this summer season with Ruth & Kevin.

They welcome both individuals and couples. Kids, and pets. There is a motel as well as an RV lot with FHU, so my parents were able to come visit me in comfort and convenience. There's hiking and state parks and summer arts festivals, and hawk watches. I found a ceramics group that meets on Tuesdays. For $5 a week it's a great way to spend some relaxing social time working with clay and making cool stuff. The market downtown is wonderful - my mom said it was better than the co-op in Albuquerque! The St. Vincent De Paul is well-stocked and inexpensive ($2 for pants). Lots of cool mosaic stuff going on.

Mostly, I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful Keven and Ruth Turner are. They are a nice mix of organized and casual. I arrived with enthusiasm and willingness to help wherever I can, and am leaving feeling like I have added two more people to my extended family. They are starting a new restaurant on site, so if you have any talents in that area, they would love to talk to you. There's flowers to plant and water, the housekeeping is super easy, facility stuff to tinker with, and plenty of room to inject a little TLC wherever you see it needed most.

Stop by for a visit and stay till October. Cheers, Cynthia

Post subject: Re: Turner Inn in NM is a great Workcamping Opportunity
PostPosted: 09/06/18 09:19 

Thanks for posting this LiveAboard. We love these types of WK opportunities. We are just finishing up our fist WK job at Gualala River Redwood Park in Gualala CA and we also feel as if we have new family members in the owners here and the other WKr's. Gualala is an artsie town on the northern CA Mendocino coast. Heading to Mesa Regal RV Resort for the winter. We are going to have to make it up to Turner Inn. Thanks for the post. 8-) Kamper Dave